WIMBLEDON SHOPPING CENTRE -- I learned a few things this year.
1. Corn is acceptably deployed in a sandwich (with tuna, of course.)
2. Most corporate communications functions are delivering about 10% of the value they could do.
3. You can calculate the ROI of communications.
4. It takes a long time to get a book published.*
5. Business leaders can be like Rock Star. But they can then get dropped by their (record) companies too.
6. As my old boss Jenny always said, consulting is a lot like working as an escort: you can spend a lot of time on looking good only to have the briefest of encounter.
7. Social media. Social media. (Just say it a lot with conviction and people will be impressed.)
8. In Lithuania I am not very interesting. But I am funny.
9. You can talk to your competitor's employees.
10. Next year is always going to be OUR year.
Bonne Annee. Hasta la proxima.
* And then your friends say things like "when are you going to write a real book?"